[R] Creating publication-quality plots for use in Microsoft Word

Bryan Hanson hanson at depauw.edu
Wed Sep 15 16:50:47 CEST 2010

There's many ways to solve this, but you are close to one already:  Make the
pdf, put the cursor where you want it in the document, then on the menu bar
Insert --> Picture --> From File... And navigate to the file.  This works on
the Mac, and seems to store the picture internally in a different way that
selecting the graphic in a viewer and cutting and pasting.  Quality is
top-notch and the graphic is clickable to be resized (and retains it's
quality).

HTH.  Bryan
Bryan Hanson
Professor of Chemistry & Biochemistry