[R] question on staRt package

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Sep 14 14:28:51 CEST 2010

On 14.09.2010 12:25, Paulo Teles wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> I have been using the package staRt but it has disappeared from the latest R versions. I emailed the author but he never replied. Is it possible to let me know if that package has been removed or if it has been replaced by another or what happened? The latest version is 1.1.12.
> I would like to know if I can keep using it or not. If it has been permanently removed, I should look for an alternative.

I cannot remember the reason why this has been archived. If it was not
due to a maintainer's request to do so, then probably because the
package does not pass checks OK any more and the maintainer was
unresponsive.
In any case, you can get the old source package from the archives and
install and check it yourself.

Since the package is GPL 2 according to the DESCRIPTION file, you could
take over maintainership and submit a new version to CRAN.

Best,
Uwe Ligges