[R] The future of R - Ross Ihaka stirs discussions around the web

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Sep 14 11:49:49 CEST 2010

On 14.09.2010 04:02, Spencer Graves wrote:
>    Hello:
>
> On 9/13/2010 3:44 PM, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Dne Po 13. září 2010 14:51:39 Tal Galili napsal(a):
> <snip>
>> But here, I wish point out one issue, which can be fixed relatively
>> easily: R would deserve much more better web running some good
>> open-source CMS. I have very good experince with Drupal (IMHO the best
>> available CMS) and Plone. Current state is one big dissaster. Web with
>> all modern features, user forum and so on. It would be really helpful.
>

> Please excuse my ignorance:  I'm not familiar with CMS, wether Drupal,
> Plone or anything else.  What disaster do you perceive?  I'm too stupid
> and blind to even see it.

... and that is also true for probably all CRAN maintainers. I think
nobody is going to bother with these CMS systems. I had to for our
department and I feel almost unable to maintain my own website now that
it is impossible to quickly change some html code via a low-bandwidth
ssh connection as I was used to before.....

Uwe