[R] nonlinear programming package

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Sat Sep 11 15:46:29 CEST 2010

There are currently 2 packages that can be of help for solving the type of problems that you are describing:

1.  Rsolnp

2.  alabama

For optimizing nonlinear objective functions subject to linear equality/inequality constraints, you also have the `spg' function in the "BB" package.  In contrast, the `constrOptim' function in the base distribution can handle only linear inequality constraints.

All of these packages are available on CRAN.

Hope this helps,
Ravi.

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,