[R] for loop help please!

alfredo alfredotello at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 17:54:44 CEST 2010

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2-dim data.matrix(e.g., table1) in which row1 specifies a range of
values. row2 - rown specify the number of times I want to replicate each
corresponding value in row1. I can do this with the following function:

rep(c(table1[1,]),c(table1[X,])) #where X would go from 2 - n.

Now, I can do this manually by changing the values of X and save each
resulting array/vector in an object, or write a for loop that will iterate
through the rows and output a new data.matrix in which row1 - rown will
correspond to the vectors generated by replicating the values of row1 "row2
- rown" independent times from the original data.matrix with the rep
function shown above. So far I have been unable to get the for loop right.

Any help will be most appreciated! Thanks beforehand for your help.

Best,