[R] Standardized Logistic Regression coefficients

Iasonas Lamprianou lamprianou at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 13:23:40 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I am looking for ways to compute standardized logistic regression coefficients. Before asking for your time I did some homework. I found papers describing at least 6 different ways to standardize logistic regression coefficients. I also found a very old (Thu May 12 21:50:36 CEST 2005) suggestion by Frank E Harrell (one of the colleagues who frequently contribute on this list) saying...

Design doesn't implement those because they have terrible properties.
Instead consider interquartile-range odds ratios (done by summary.Design
by typing summary(. . .)).

1. Is this still the case, or is there any package today in R which computes some sort of standardized logistic regression coefficients widely accepted by the community?

2. Also, if anyone knows, how can I implement this interquartile-range odds ratios of the Design package? I checked on the manual and found no reference to interquartile-range odds ratios

Thanks
Dr. Iasonas Lamprianou

Assistant Professor (Educational Research and Evaluation)
Department of Education Sciences
European University-Cyprus
P.O. Box 22006
1516 Nicosia