[R] Error in normalizePath(path) : with McAfee

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 17:15:13 CEST 2010

On Sep 9, 2010, at 13:52 , Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> On 09/09/2010 12:01 AM, Erin Hodgess wrote:
>> Dear R People:
>> I keep getting the "Error in normalizePath(path) :"  while trying to
>> obtain the necessary packages to use with the "Applied Spatial
>> Statistics with R" book.
>> I turned off the Firewall (from McAfee) but am still getting the same message.
>> Does anyone have any idea on a solution please?
>
> I think you need to show us your code and the error in context.

Maybe not... We have been here before, and if I remember correctly, the issue is not the firewall, but antivirus software messing with temp directories. (As I understand it, it goes "I see you have created a new directory, now let me put that in a safe place while I check it for malware. Oh, you were still using it? Too bad." Sort of like grabbing someone's new cup while they are trying to pour milk into it....)

Check back issues of R-help for details of the earlier incidents.