[R] Problems in snow: can't open connection with nodes

bfoubert b.foubert at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Tue Sep 7 15:18:16 CEST 2010

I'm working with snow and created a local cluster. So far, the same code has
always worked (please see below). However, now I receive a message that the
connection with the nodes cannot be opened. I restarted my workstation but
that didn't help. Is there a known solution for this problem? Thanks a lot
for any help.

bram foubert

library(snow)
cl =
makeSOCKcluster(c("localhost","localhost","localhost","localhost","localhost","localhost","localhost"))
nrslaves = length(cl)

CreateData= function(path){
}

clusterApply(cl,c("bgcdata1.txt","bgcdata2.txt","bgcdata3.txt","bgcdata4.txt","bgcdata5.txt","bgcdata6.txt","bgcdata7.txt"),CreateData)
Error in checkForRemoteErrors(val) :
  7 nodes produced errors; first error: cannot open the connection