[R] R time series analysis

Stephan Kolassa Stephan.Kolassa at gmx.de
Mon Sep 6 00:02:40 CEST 2010

Hi,

basically, you know 5 periods later. If you use a good error measure,
that is.

I am a big believer in AIC for model selection. I believe that arima()
also gives you the AIC of a fitted model, or try AIC(arima1).

Other ideas include keeping a holdout sample or some such.

I'd recommend looking at a time series textbook.

HTH,
Stephan