[R] Decision Tree in Python or C++?

noclue_ tim.liu at netzero.net
Sat Sep 4 18:21:55 CEST 2010

Have anybody used Decision Tree in Python or C++?  (or written their own
decision tree implementation in Python or C++)?  My goal is to run decision
tree on 8 million obs as training set and score 7 million in test set.

I am testing 'rpart' package on a 64-bit-Linux + 64-bit-R environment. But
it seems that rpart is either not stable or running out of memory very
quickly. (Is it because R is passing everything as copy instead of as object
reference?)

Any idea would be greatly appreciated!

Have a nice weekend!