[R] general question on binomial test / sign test

Kay Cichini Kay.Cichini at uibk.ac.at
Thu Sep 2 16:24:06 CEST 2010

..i'd like to add that i actually wanted to test the location of differences
of paired samples coming from an non-normal asymetric distribution. the
alternative hypothesis was that negative differences are more often than in
0.5 of all cases. thus i tested
(x=nr.diff.under.0,n=all.diffs,0.5,alternative="greater").
then this one of many tests for a sparse dataset came up where x=0, and
n=1). there i thought the H0 is x is less than 0.5, and i then had my
trouble interpreting the p-value of 1.

best,
kay

-----