[R] Using packages built in linux in windows

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 18:19:04 CEST 2010

rajesh j <akshay.rajesh <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I thought building a binary took care of that issue. How do I port a linux
> library to windows?

  I think we need a little clarification here.  When you say "a linux
library", do you mean a chunk of compiled (non-R) code that the R package
(sic) needs to use in order to perform its function?  Or do you mean that
you have a 'linux' package (which general just means a package in 'source'
form)?

  If the former, especially if it's in compiled form, you may be
screwed. If possible, get the source code and compile it on Windows
(the very best thing is to incorporate the source code into the package
itself so that it gets built automatically from source).

  If the latter, follow Romain's advice.