[R] Constrained Regression

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Sun Oct 31 14:25:50 CET 2010

What is the stochastic mechanism that generates the data? In other words, what distribution is Y, conditioned on X1 and X2, supposed to be?

You can also get `a' if you do not wanrt to specify the probability mechanism by just doing a least squares fitting, but then making inferences can be a bit tricky.

Ravi.

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,
School of Medicine