[R] summary.lm as a post-hoc test?

Alex F. Bokov ahupxot02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Oct 30 18:19:50 CEST 2010

Let's assume that according to Anova(lm(y~a*b, data=d)) the a:b interaction is significant, and I would like to know if there are specific combinations of a and b levels that differ from the control group. Are there any caveats against simply looking at the p-values in the output generated by summary(lm(y~a*b,data=d))? The documentation for summary.lm says nothing about multiple comparison correction, so I assume I need to do that myself, is that correct?

Thank you.