[R] Cox Proportional Models and Haplotypes

Brad McNeney mcneney at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 17:51:22 CEST 2010

You could do a weighted cox ph model, with possible haplotype
configurations for each subject weighted by their posterior
probabilities given genotype data.

Are your markers SNPs?  If so you can use a utility function from the
hapassoc package to get started. For example, if your data is in a
dataframe dat, with nsnp SNPs in the last nsnps columns, you could
create an augmented data frame (augmented by pseudo-individuals for
each subject with ambiguous phase) with

and then use coxph with augdat as the data frme and  wts as the
weights. See ?pre.hapassoc for details on accepted formats for the SNP

Brad McNeney
Statistics and Actuarial Science
Simon Fraser University