[R] Best IDE for R

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 20:43:04 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Lee Hachadoorian
<Lee.Hachadoorian+L at gmail.com> wrote:
> For an R-enabled text editor, I would suggest Tinn-R for Windows or RGedit
> (a gedit plugin) for Linux/Gnome-desktop. Since both are just text
> editors, they will work with whatever version R you have installed
> (criteria 1).
>
> RGedit is pretty spare: basically just console integration and keyboard
> shortcuts to send code (current line, selection, defined blocks) to the
> console. Criteria 1 Y 2 basic 3 N 4 N

For Linux and Mac, I usually suggest Geany [1] as an alternative to
Gedit. Geany is an intuitive IDE that can send commands to rterm in
the integrated virtual terminal emulator. It provides various features
for project management, source highlighting, code folding, etc.

Regards
Liviu

[1] http://www.r-bloggers.com/integrating-r-with-geany/