[R] Error: could not find function "lmList"

Ivan Calandra ivan.calandra at uni-hamburg.de
Mon Oct 25 10:26:28 CEST 2010

Hi,
You need to update your packages (and maybe upgrade R at the same time).
See the FAQ for Windows 2.8 to know how to do it correctly.
Ivan

Le 10/25/2010 10:14, Rosario Garcia Gil a écrit :
> Dear colleges,
> I would like to use the lmList function. I have installed the lme4 library but when I try to use the lmList function I get this error message.
>

> Error: could not find function "lmList"
>
> Here you can see what kind of messages I am getting when installing lme4 package. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
>
> Thanks
> Rosario
>
>> install.packages()
> --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
> Warning: dependency 'Matrix' is not available
> trying URL 'http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/lang/CRAN/bin/windows/contrib/2.9/lme4_0.999375-32.zip'
> Content type 'application/zip' length 992275 bytes (969 Kb)
> opened URL
> downloaded 969 Kb
>
> package 'lme4' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>
> The downloaded packages are in
>          C:\Documents and Settings\mroga\Local Settings\Temp\RtmpuExQmQ\downloaded_packages
> updating HTML package descriptions
>> ?lmList
> No documentation for 'lmList' in specified packages and libraries:
> you could try '??lmList'
>> library(lme4)
> Error: package 'Matrix' 0.999375-30 was found, but>= 0.999375.31 is required by 'lme4'
> In addition: Warning message:
> package 'lme4' was built under R version 2.9.2

Ivan CALANDRA
PhD Student
University of Hamburg
Biozentrum Grindel und Zoologisches Museum
Abt. Säugetiere
Martin-Luther-King-Platz 3
D-20146 Hamburg, GERMANY
+49(0)40 42838 6231