[R] R-Fortran question (multiple subroutines)

Remko Duursma remkoduursma at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 06:33:30 CEST 2010

Dear R-helpers,

apologies if this is somewhere in a manual, I have not been able to
find anything relevant. I run Windows Vista.

I have some Fortran code in a subroutine, and have no problem calling
this from R with .Fortran, compiling the code either with 'R CMD
SHLIB' or independently with gfortran.

But is it possible to have more than one subroutine in my source file,
one depending on the other? Or is this not supported, or is there a
trick?
Of course, I could rewrite my code, but there are lots of subroutines...

I.e, my code looks something like this:

subroutine f(x,y,z)

call g(x,y,z)

end

subroutine g(x,y,z)

z = x*y

end

calling this from R shows that subroutine g is not called. The code
compiled as executable works fine.

thanks,
Remko

Remko Duursma