[R] Bayesian constrained regression method?

Michael Bedward michael.bedward at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 12:59:40 CEST 2010

Hello Jim,

Please reply to the list - you'll have a much better chance of getting
useful suggestions.

> OK so some addition info. I know each of the X2 is in (0,1). Is there any
> method available?

I don't think that's sufficient to estimate b, at least not in my
experience of fitting Bayesian models with MCMC. To get any sort of
precise posterior for b I think you would need to know that, for
instance, X2 is correlated with X1 in some way, or that it can be
described by a particular Beta distribution etc.

I'd be happy to be corrected by others here who know much more than I
do but if the best prior you can come up with for X2 is uniform in
(0,1) I think you have insufficient information to proceed.

Michael