[R] How long does skipping in read.table take

Dimitri Liakhovitski dimitri.liakhovitski at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 13:44:37 CEST 2010

Gabor,
maybe some of my code is wrong (I don't know sql at all). I tried the
following with just a few lines as a test:
library(sqldf)
mydata<-read.csv.sql("myfile.txt",sep="|", sql = "select * from file 200, 100")
But it's just hanging. The same happened when I wrote:
mydata<-read.csv.sql("myfile.txt",sep="|", eol = "\n",sql = "select *
from file 200, 100")

I am not sure if I should use eol. My file is a .txt file and the
delimiter is "|". At the end of the line there is just the last entry,
nothing else (at least not visible).
Thank you for your help!
Dimitri

--