[R] ncdf installation in R

David Pierce dpierce at ucsd.edu
Mon Oct 18 18:00:55 CEST 2010

> Sashi Challa wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to install ncdf package on a Linux 64-bit machine.
>>
> [...]
>
> Hi Sashi,
>
> Just had a similar issue today. I would suggest the --disable-netcdf4
> hasn't
> been picked up.
>
> Try installing an earlier version and using that path instead.
>
> See: http://levlafayette.com/node/148
>
> Hope this helps!

Hello,

Please note that the "ncdf" package is designed for netcdf library version
3, and the newer "ncdf4" package is designed for netcdf library version 4.
If you want to install "ncdf" with version 4 of the netcdf library, you
can find instructions at the ncdf/ncdf4 package homepage:

http://cirrus.ucsd.edu/~pierce/ncdf/

or just follow the package URL link from CRAN.

Regards,

--Dave

David W. Pierce
Division of Climate, Atmospheric Science, and Physical Oceanography
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
(858) 534-8276 (voice)  /  (858) 534-8561 (fax)    dpierce at ucsd.edu