[R] boxplot issue

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Oct 15 16:51:31 CEST 2010

A) you hijacked another thread.

On Oct 15, 2010, at 9:50 AM, Jonas Josefsson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am trying to produce a graph which shows overlap in latitude for a
> number of species.
>
> I have a dataframe which looks as follows
>
>                    species1,species2,species3,species4.....
> minlat          6147947,612352,627241,6112791
> maxlat         7542842,723423,745329,7634921

B) This "looks" like a data input snafu. It appears that the commas in
the original data were not properly specified as delimiters.

> I want to produce a graph with one horizontal bar for each species
> where minlat sets minimum value and maxlat sets maximum value for
> the bar. I want all bars to be stacked on top of eachother to show
> where I have overlap.
>
> I have tried using boxplot but it only produces the standard mean
> and sd of the two values...

C) boxplot is designed to handle raw data and then pass plotting
responsibility off to the bxp function. Once you address your data
input issues you can use bxp.

--
David