[R] [Debian][NetBeans] setting NetBeans to work with JRI libraries

filip fbielejec at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 15:57:13 CEST 2010

I am having hard time properly setting NetBeans to work with JRI libs
(http://rosuda.org/JRI/). Most of the instructions I have found so far
are written for Eclipse or Windows (or both).

I have set java.library.path variable in config: customize:VM
arguments field, by specifying
"-Djava.library.path=/home/filip/Pobrane/JRI/". When I run the
application I get the following:

"Cannot find JRI native library!
Please make sure that the JRI native library is in a directory listed
in java.library.path.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/fb/Pobrane/JRI/libjri.so:
libR.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(...)"

So I ran:

locate libR

with the following result:

/usr/local/lib/R/lib/libRblas.so
/usr/local/lib/R/lib/libRlapack.so

However this command:
ls /usr/local/lib/R/lib/

lists:

libRblas.so  libRlapack.so  libR.so

I have tried various customisations to the config, copying the
libraries and other desperate moves. I can properly compile and run the
rtest.java and rtest2.java under the examples section of my JRI
installation via the ./run script.

It would seem that NetBeans has a problem loading libraries,
that reference to other libraries (libjri is loaded, but not libR). I
have compiled R 2.12.0 with "--with-blas="-lgoto2" --enable-BLAS-shlib
--enable-R-shlib" (shared libraries, shared BLAS). Could the BLAS
be a problem?

--
while(!succeed) { try(); }