[R] fast rowCumsums wanted for calculating the cdf

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Fri Oct 15 14:34:25 CEST 2010

Although I know there is another message in this thread I am replying
to this message to be able to include the whole discussion to this
point.

Gregor mentioned the possibility of extending the compiled code for
cumsum so that it would handle the matrix case.  The work by Dirk
Eddelbuettel and Romain Francois on developing the Rcpp package make
it surprisingly easy to create compiled code for this task.  I am
copying the Rcpp-devel list on this in case one of the readers of that
list has time to create a sample implementation before I can get to
it.  It's midterm season and I have to tackle the stack of blue books
on my desk before doing fun things like writing code.