[R] Poisson Regression

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Oct 14 02:21:41 CEST 2010

On Oct 13, 2010, at 4:50 PM, Antonio Paredes wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I wanted to ask if there is an R-package to fit the following Poisson
> regression model
>
> log(\lambda_{ijk}) = \phi_{i} + \alpha_{j} + \beta_{k}
> i=1,\cdots,N (subjects)
> j=0,1 (two levels)
> k=0,1 (two levels)
>
> treating the \phi_{i} as nuinsance parameters.

If I am reading this piece correctly there should be no difference
between a conditional treatment of phi_i in  that model and results
from the unconditional model one would get from fitting with

glm(lambda ~ phi + alpha + beta  ,family="poisson").

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.6.9679&rep=rep1&type=pdf

(But I am always looking for corrections to my errors.)

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT