[R] repeating a GAM across many factors

oc1 ocrowe at birdwatchireland.ie
Wed Oct 13 13:50:18 CEST 2010

Hi there,

I'm working on a biological dataset that contains up to 40 species and 100
sites each. The response variable is index (trend), dependent is year - each
combination has an index for each year between 1994 and 2008 inclusive. So
my input file is along the following lines: species, site, year, index. I'd
like to run a GAM, and plot smoothing spline 5df, poisson, and output the
fitted values for each species/ site combination. I have written the code
for the GAM and for outputting the fitted values, which is very simple and
brief (<5 lines) but am unsure how to repeat the process for each
combination. Would be grateful if someone could advise on this code,
including producing fitted values for each.

Thanks,
Olivia