[R] vertical kites in KiteChart (plotrix)

elpape ellen.pape at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 10:11:21 CEST 2010

Dear everyone,

I would like to create a kite chart in which I plot densities (width of the
vertical kites) in relation to sediment depth (on reversed y-axis) for 6
different locations (Distances from seep site, on x-axis on top of the
plot). The dataset I would like to use is:

Distance_from_seep_site	Sedimentdepth	Density
1100	0	107.8
1100	1	264.6
1100	2	284.2
1100	3	470.4
1100	4	58.8
100	0	98
100	1	176.4
100	2	499.8
100	3	548.8
100	4	401.8
100	5	107.8
10	0	51.3
10	1	22.8
10	2	79.8
10	3	68.4
10	4	17.1
10	5	5.7
10	6	17.1
5	0	188.1
5	1	267.9
5	2	376.2
5	3	233.7
5	4	165.3
5	8	5.7
5	9	5.7
2	0	74.1
2	1	102.6
2	2	85.5
2	3	91.2
2	4	34.2
2	5	5.7
2	6	11.4
2	8	11.4
2	10	28.5
2	11	22.8
0	0	461.7
0	1	273.6
0	2	79.8
0	3	68.4
0	4	34.2
0	5	22.8
0	6	51.3
0	8	68.4
0	9	39.9
0	11	22.8

I have tried to rearrange the data, but I do not seem to get the output that
I desire...

Can anyone help me?

Thank you so much!
Ellen