[R] Memory management in R

Lorenzo Isella lorenzo.isella at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 15:27:11 CEST 2010

> I already offered the Biostrings package. It provides more robust
> methods for string matching than does grepl. Is there a reason that you
> choose not to?

Indeed that is the way I should go for and I have installed the package
after some struggling. Since biostring is a fairly complex package and I
need only a way to check if a certain string A is a subset of string B,
do you know the biostring functions to achieve this?
I see a lot of methods for biological (DNA, RNA) sequences, and they may
not apply to my series (which are definitely not from biology).
Cheers

Lorenzo