[R] Package "prabclus" not available?

Christian Hennig chrish at stats.ucl.ac.uk
Sun Oct 10 14:48:38 CEST 2010

Hi there,

I just tried to install the package prabclus on a computer running Ubuntu
Linux 9.04 using install.packages from within R.
This gave me a message:
Warning message:
In install.packages("prabclus") : package ‘prabclus’ is not available

I tried to do this selecting two different CRAN mirrors (same result) and
with other packages (installing them works fine).

Looking up the CRAN mirror website I used (UK, London), there doesn't seem
to be anything wrong with prabclus. (iMac checking apparently gives an
error which is due to an error with package spdep on that platform in
tests, but that shouldn't affect using it on Linux, or should it?)

Any explanation?

Thanks and best wishes,
Christian

Christian Hennig
University College London, Department of Statistical Science
Gower St., London WC1E 6BT, phone +44 207 679 1698
chrish at stats.ucl.ac.uk, www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk/~ucakche