[R] question related to multiple regression

SNN s.nancy1 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 9 02:13:36 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am conducting an association analysis of genotype and a phenotype such as
cholesterol level as an outcome and the genotype as a regressor using
multiple linear regression. There are 3 possibilities for the genotype AA,
AG, GG. There are 5 people with the AA genotype, 100 with the AG genotype
and 900 with the GG genotype. I coded GG genotype as 1, AG as 2 and AA as 3
and the p-value for the genotype is significant.
Should I believe this p-value or not? My concern is that there are not may
samples with the AA genotype and could that have effected the significance
of the genotype in the model?

Thanks