[R] venneuler() - customize a few things.

Ista Zahn izahn at psych.rochester.edu
Thu Oct 7 19:26:43 CEST 2010

Hi Kari,

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Karl Brand <k.brand at erasmusmc.nl> wrote:
> Esteemed UseRs and DevelopeRs,
>
> Just coming to terms with the very attractive proportional venn gernator,
> venneuler(), but would like to customize a few things.
>
> Is it possible to-

Say v is a VennDiagram:

> -suppress all circle labels?

v$labels <- rep("", length(v$labels)

> -suppress only certain circle labels?

v$labels <- c("A", "", "C") ## don't print label for B

> -print specific text strings at specified locations within the circles? and
> unions?

text(.5, .5, "my text here") will print "my text here" right in the
middle of the graph. Adjusting the coordinates will adjust the
location. You can use v$centers and v$diameters to position text
relative to the center of the circles, but I'm not sure how to
automatically find the unions. You could do it by trial and error.

> -specify circle colors?

v$colors <- c(.1, .5, .9)

> -specify label font, size & color?

see ?text