[R] R: rulefit error on Linux

noclue_ tim.liu at netzero.net
Thu Oct 7 10:55:24 CEST 2010

R version 2.8.1 (2008-12-22) on Linux 64-bit

I am trying to run 'rulefit' function (Rule based Learning Ensembles). but I
got the following error -

> rulefit(x,y)
Warning: This program is an suid-root program or is being run by the root
user.
The full text of the error or warning message cannot be safely formatted
in this environment. You may get a more descriptive message by running the
program as a non-root user or by removing the suid bit on the executable.
xterm Xt error: Can't open display: %s
xterm:  DISPLAY is not set
Error in file(file, "r") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In file(file, "r") :
  cannot open file '/root/_rulefit/rfstatus': No such file or directory