[R] debugging

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 12:39:10 CEST 2010

On 07/10/2010 6:09 AM, Maas James Dr (MED) wrote:
> I'm attempting to learn how to use the debug function to find the values of some variables.  I've found a couple of documents describing the basics and they show examples that the debugger returns
>
> "Browse[1]>"
>

> but for some reason when I follow the examples I get
>
> "Browse[2]>"
>

> What is the "2" telling me ... why am I getting it and does it matter?

It is a measure of depth of some sort.  I think it is supposed to be how
deep you are into nested calls to the browser, but it seems to count
each invocation twice.  (If you call the same debugged function from
within the browser, you'll probably see [4].)  I imagine it's a bug, but
it's a relatively harmless one.

Duncan Murdoch