[R] subsets with a small cardinality for variable selection

CZ cxzhang at ualr.edu
Wed Oct 6 20:37:52 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am working on a variable selection problem and would like to have some
suggestions.  Thank you.

In my data, the number of observations/samples is much less than the number
of variables.  And I am not interested in generating only a few models,
instead I will need a couple of hundred models.  For each model, I only need
a fixed number of variables, in other word, with a specific cardinality.

I've tried leaps(subselect package) and regsubsets(leaps package).  However,
I have to reduce the number of variables is using leaps in subselect package
which is not I want  and the regsubsets in leaps package doesn't read a
specific cardinality. It accepts a maximal subset size.

Thank you.