[R] binary tree construction in R

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 6 00:13:04 CEST 2010

> Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 14:57:40 -0700
> From: matloff at cs.ucdavis.edu
> To: r-help at r-project.org
> Subject: Re: [R] binary tree construction in R
>
> MK wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm very new to R and I'm trying to construct a threaded binary tree using
> > recursive functions.
> >
> > I'm very confused was wondering if anyone had any R sample code they would
> > share. I've come across a lot of C++ code(nothing in R) and this is not
> > helping.
> >
> > best,
> >
> > MK
>
> Not sure what you mean by a "threaded" binary tree, but I am enclosing

thought others may be interested but I must admit I'm surprised
people are exploring data structures in R,

( and I just used something like this in an indexing system I wrote ).
I guess it wouldn't be too far a field to discuss benefits
of data stucture exploration in R vs cpp or java- Especially
for something like this where you may want to time it in a multithreaded
setting- you can always instrument something like that, collect lots
of monte carlo results, and then import the statistical data into R
for analysis I would think.