[R] sweave output

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 15:51:13 CEST 2010

  On 05/10/2010 7:58 AM, Rubin, Norman wrote:
> I'm just starting to use sweave with latex and have a beginner question
> I expect this has been asked before - but  I cannot seem to find the answer
>
> An input like:
>
> <<echo=false>>=
> X<- 1:3
> @
>
> Generates
>
> [1] 1 2 3
>
> Is there a way to suppress the [1] ?

This isn't really an Sweave question.  Sweave just prints what R would
print.  To get R to print without the decorations, use cat(X, "\n")
instead of
X (which is really a synonym for print(X)).  The "\n" says to go to a
new line; it's optional in this example (because Sweave will insert a
line break automatically), but it would make a difference if you were
printing multiple things within the same code chunk.

Duncan Murdoch