[R] Where is gdata?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 17:54:54 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Stephen Liu <satimis at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Gabor,
>
>> Please start at a fresh version of R.  Copy and paste your session
>> from the R console rather than relating what happened.  Also, what
>> version of gdata are you using?  Older versions did not have
>> installXLSXsupport.  Show:
>
>> packageDescription("gdata")$Version
>> win.version()
>> R.version.string
>
>> packageDescription("gdata")$Version
> [1] "2.8.1"
>
>> win.version()
> [1] "Windows 7 x64 (build 7600)"
>
>> R.version.string
> [1] "R version 2.12.0 (2010-10-15)"
>
> Both 32 and 64 bits

That is the correct version of gdata.  I am using Windows 32 so there
could be some differences due to that.  At any rate, can you start a
fresh R session and show the console output of the problems you have
seen.  Use Rgui --vanilla to start R to be sure you don't have
anything else that might interfere and show everything including the R
startup message in the R console output.

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.
email: ggrothendieck at gmail.com