[R] Is there an equivalent to predict(..., type="linear") of a Proportional hazard model for a Cox model instead?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Nov 25 19:23:25 CET 2010

I hit the send button on my second reply before I intended to. Since
then I have noticed that the question I thought you were asking is not
at all a good match to the Subject line of your message. There is a
type ="lp" in predict.coxph and that is the linear predictor, although
it is not a value that is on any transformation of time as would be
the linear predictor of an accelerated failure time estimate. If you
are looking for another method (in addition to predict.coxph) to
produce expected survival from a coxph fit, you could also look at
survexp. The ratetable argument accepts a fitted Cox model.

I have still not found a good answer to the question that I thought
the body of your second posting was posing: namely why days and years
are not handled the same in predict.survreg and predict.coxph.

--
David.