[R] looking for the RMySQL package for R 2.12.0 under XP

David Scott d.scott at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Nov 24 23:19:29 CET 2010

On 25/11/2010 4:55 a.m., Henrique Dallazuanna wrote:
> You need compile it from source code.

An alternative is to use RODBC. There are instructions on my page here:
http://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/~dscott/779/index.php
Look in the MySQL section (obviously).

You may need to pester your admin guy to add the MySQL/ODBC connector.
The instructions may not be quite up to date but hopefully you can find
your way through. Our students generally manage to set it all up on
their own computers.

David Scott