[R] looking for the RMySQL package for R 2.12.0 under XP

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Wed Nov 24 17:12:44 CET 2010

Hello:

       That package needs to be compiled from source on the computer you
are using.  Instructions for doing so can be found at
"http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/wiki/Main/RMySQL".

       I'm not sure of all the issues, but I believe it needs to be
configured to the specific version of MySQL as well as the version of
R.  I just upgraded to R 2.12.0, and now I need to repeat that process
myself.

       If this does not answer your questions, I suggest you subscribe
to "R-sig-DB" and post your question there.  They don't have much
traffic and may be more responsive to questions like this.

       Hope this helps.
       Spencer