[R] Error in solve.default(V, W) with ProDenICA and the required sample size for stable result

Randel randel.wang at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 16:54:12 CET 2010

Hi ALL,

Recently I confronted with a error in using package ProDenICA, when let k<p
(exactly the example code with k=1,
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/library/ProDenICA/html/ProDenICA.html),
Error in solve.default(V, W) : 'b' must be compatible with 'a'

I have examined the code of function ProDenICA(), but could not find the reason.

And how large is the sample size N generally required for a stable and
robust result?
I tried a sample of N=30 and get a very fluctuated mixing matrix A
with fastICA algorithm in package fastICA,
and the results become quite stable for a similar sample with N=60.

Thanks for your patient reply!

--
Randel

School of Statistics,