[R] looking for the RMySQL package for R 2.12.0 under XP

PtitBleu ptit_bleu at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 24 16:48:41 CET 2010

Hello,

I convinced our new Ph student to work with R and I managed to convince the
guy in charge of the computer networks to install R 2.12.0 (we haven't the
admin rights).

I wanted to install on his computer the same packages I use (but I have R
2.11) and especially RMySQL.

Problem : there is no more RMySQL package in the list pf the packages.
I've tried to install my version but it is not compatible.

I saw on a website a possible solution using rtools but it was very unclear
to me (I'm only an end-user and French ...) and with no admin rights, I
think I won't be able to follow the proposed procedure.

Do you know where I can find a zip file of the RMySQL package for R 2.12 ?

Thanks in advance,
Ptit Bleu.

PS : everybody around me is using matlab. If I say that I have a problem to
connect R to MySQL, I will have to move to matlab. So please, help !!! :-)