[R] R2WinBUGS help

bmiddle bmiddle at sandia.gov
Mon Nov 22 23:03:43 CET 2010

 When I use the 'bugs' function from R, WinBUGS runs correctly, but R
freezes.
> The only way to use R after this is to stop calculations (without my file
> that documents the calculation).

R "freezes" as long as the WinBUGS process is opened. AFter closing it,
R should "respond" again.

If you like a more inetractive way of dealing with some BUGS
incarnation, try the BRugs package that makes use of OpenBUGS by typing

install.packages("BRugs")
library("BRugs")
?BRugs
?BRugsFit

Thanks, Uwe. I think it was a problem with Windows. WinBUGS should close
automatically and it wasn't. Anyway, it seems that the problem is now fixed.
I may try the BRugs package soon (after I submit this project report!).