[R] installimg fBasics SuSe 11.3 64bit

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sat Nov 20 18:58:19 CET 2010

On 20.11.2010 14:24, Jan Gairing wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to install the fBasics package on an openSuSe 11.3
> 64bit machine.
> It gives an error saying:
>
> WARNING: *R* *include* *directory* *is* *empty* -- *perhaps* *need* *to*
> *install* *R*-*devel*.*rpm* *or* similar
>
> Yet, R-devel is installed. Other packages work fine. I also tried
> different ways to install...install.packages() and R CMD INSTALL...
>
> The complete message is (unfortunately in German)
>
> * installing to library '/usr/lib64/R/library'
> * installing *source* package 'fBasics' ...
> ** libs
> Warnung: Das R include Verzeichnis ist leer -- evtl. muss das R-devel
> Paket installiert werden

1. Just set the environment variable LANGUAGE to "en" in order to get
English messages.

2. You may have R-devel something installed, but probably not where your
R installation expects it. If the cited directory is empty as mentioned,
the files are simply not there. Just check if they are missing from
/usr/lib64/R/include or not.

Uwe Ligges