[R] How to produce a graph of glms in R?

Sonja Klein sonja.klein.07 at aberdeen.ac.uk
Sat Nov 20 12:51:39 CET 2010

I'm very new to R and modeling but need some help with visualization of glms.

I'd like to make a graph of my glms to visualize the different effects of
different parameters.
I've got a binary response variable (bird sightings) and use binomial glms.
The 'main' response variable is a measure of distance to a track and the
parameters I'm testing for are vegetation parameters that effect the
response in terms of distance.
My glm is: glm(Response~NEdist+I(NEdist^2)+Distance+I(Distance^2) which is
the basic model and where I add interactions to, like for exampls Visibility
as an interaction to Distance
(glm(Response~NEdist+I(NEdist^2)+Distance*Visibility+I(Distance^2)))

I'd now like to make a graph which has the response variable on the y-axis
(obviously). But the x-axis should have distance on it. The NEdist is a
vector that is just co-influencing the curve and has to stay in the model
but doesn't have any interactions with any other vectors.
I'd then like to put in curves/lines for the different models to see if for
example visibility effects the distance of the track to the first bird
sighting.

Is there a way to produce a graph in R that has these features?