[R] dmultinomial

Alexander Shenkin ashenkin at ufl.edu
Thu Nov 18 20:38:20 CET 2010

Hello All,

I'm trying to run a maximum likelihood analysis using dmultinomial (i'm
avoiding dmultinom as I'd like to run it with vectors for the ML stuff).
 However, I'm having a hard time getting even the simplest example
running.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> library(mc2d)
> dmultinomial(x=c(0,0,1),prob=c(1,1,1),size=1,log=TRUE)
Error in if (ncol(x) != K) stop("x[] and prob[] must be equal length
vectors or equal col matrix.") :
  argument is of length zero

# Once I get the simple stuff above running, I'd like to be able to do
the following:

> testmat=rmultinomial(4, 1, prob)
> testmat
[1,]    1    0    0
[2,]    0    0    1
[3,]    0    0    1
[4,]    0    0    1
> dmultinomial(x=testmat,prob=prob,size=1,log=TRUE)
Error in if (!is.null(size) && nrow(size) != n) size <- matrix(t(size),  :
  missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed

thanks,
allie