[R] how exactly does 'identify' work?

casperyc casperyc at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Nov 18 19:50:04 CET 2010

Hi,

I think the problem is

1 - when a linear model is fitted, ploting the qqnorm( test.lm$ res )
we dont 'know' what values are actually being used on the y-axis; and
how do we refer to the ‘Index’ on the x-axis??
     therefore, i dont know how to refer to the x and y coordinates in the
identify function

2 - i have tried using the stdres function in the MASS library, to extract
the standardised
residuals and plot them manully, ( using the plot ) function.
     this way, the problem is we have to SORT the residuals first in
increasing order to reproduce the same qqnorm plot, in that case, 'identify'
function works, however, that CHANGES the order, i.e. it wont return the
original A:Z ( row.names ) label.