[R] Odp: Why some times R-halts?

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Thu Nov 18 13:48:05 CET 2010

Hi

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 18.11.2010 11:29:28:

> Alaios <alaios at yahoo.com>
> Odeslal: r-help-bounces at r-project.org
>

> Hello everyone.
> I have written a small function that returns a 3*n array where n is
typicall
> between 5-55.
> I issued in R
> shweights<-shadowing_weights(x,xr)
> and I got the result in less that one sec.
>
> then I tried to see what is inside the shweights array and thus I issued
the
> edit(shweights) which 10 mins right now is busy and got no reply yet
back.

Well, what is the structure of shweights object? I have not find any
shadowing_weights function so it is hard to tell what it does and how the
object looks like.

In case something takes a longer time then expected (usually nonsense
commands issued by myself) I hit stop current computation or stop all
computations on command window menu.

Regards
Petr

> As I am using rkward I tried from gui the same (workspace-> double click
on
> variable) this gives me the message fetching information. Please wait.
>
> Right now I can not do anything there is a interupt running command key
in the
> gui which does not seem to be working. I also tried ctrl+c which broke
the
> execution after 15mins.  What do you do in such cases and why R
sometimes
> looks like has problems with even simple tasks?

***I*** usually have problems with simple tasks, not R. It is always
quicker than myself and if anything goes wrong it is 99.99% my fault.

regards
Petr