[R] help on IDE

Jonathan P Daily jdaily at usgs.gov
Wed Nov 17 19:59:11 CET 2010

Each IDE is going to have its own setup that will also usually depend on
what type of computer you are running. EMACS, for instance, requires a
pre-existing R install with the 'ess' package (packages are usually
installed inside R). Geany, on the other hand, requires an R install and,
in some cases, a custom "Run" command.

Linux systems also often ship language specific IDEs with dependency
checks on R, but not always.
Jonathan P. Daily
Technician - USGS Leetown Science Center
11649 Leetown Road
Kearneysville WV, 25430
(304) 724-4480
"Is the room still a room when its empty? Does the room,
 the thing itself have purpose? Or do we, what's the word... imbue it."
     - Jubal Early, Firefly