[R] Total inertia in package Vegan?

Hedberg Peter phedberg at biol.uw.edu.pl
Wed Nov 17 13:23:05 CET 2010

Dear all at the R-project help list.

I have run into a problem when it comes to getting values for "total inertia" and "R-squared" for my DCA using "decorana" in the package "vegan". I have tried the "goodness" function, but the reply indicates that it does not work with "decorana" class objects. In Canoco one gets the Total inertia in the output together with 4 eigenvalues. In decorana one gets the 4 eigenvalues, but not the Total inertia.

Is there a way for me to get the Total inertia without having to go over to Canoco?

Best regards,

Petter Hedberg

NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net